Carved Emerald Pendant
East meets West in this pendant featuring an extraordinary carved emerald from the Indian Mughal era — mid-16th century through the mid-18th century. This Colombian emerald is showcased in a contemporary setting of blackened gold. The pendant is reversible, with different floral motifs carved on each side. The spokes going around the setting feature cabochon rubies on one side and rose-cut diamonds on the other. Chain is signed Auclert.
- Creator/Maker: Auclert
- Date of Manufacture: Unknown
- Era: Contemporary
- Metal: 18-karat blackened gold
- Stones: Mughal-era carved Colombian emerald weighing 72.05 carats
5 cabochon rubies weighing a total of 4.76 carats
5 rose cut diamonds weighing a total of .83 carats
Pearl drop weighing 5.09 carats
- Report: C. Dunaigre, stating that emerald is of Colombian origin with indications of minor clarity enhancement with colorless oil.
- Dimensions: Emerald, 25.24 mm x 30.56 mm x 14.36 mm
- Condition: Excellent
- Necklace length: 16-inch chain